Posted on 20 September 2021
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth?
Working with WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime:
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system and that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do:
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and highly qualified Project Finance Analyst
to support the achievement of great conservation impact and strengthen the accountability of WWF International Country Office in Zimbabwe by ensuring sound management of financial resources in support of the strategic plans and the availability of timely, accurate and clear financial reports to all stakeholders.
I. Major Functions
- Supports compliance with and implementation of policies, procedures and systems that ensure WWF
Zimbabwe’s internal controls are working effectively and efficiently;
- Provide financial management support for projects implemented by the Zimbabwe Country Office;
- Ensure projects are implemented in compliance with both country and WWF regulations as well as donor requirements.
- Provides support for the development of budgets (proposals and projects), ensuring all required resources for project implementation are covered and ensuring appropriate cost recovery,
- Assists with review and preparation of incoming and outgoing contracts and monitors compliance with contractual terms
- Supports and trains project managers in budget tracking to ensure there is no overspend or low burn rate, verifies budget availability for any commitment;
- Coordinates with programme staff as appropriate to ensure that financial information is complete and accurate, provides regular financial analysis to Project Managers;
- Works closely with Finance Manager to plan and coordinate project specific audits. Ensures recommendations are implemented in a timely manner. Also supports Office internal and external audits;
· A university degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration or related field;
· Significant progress towards a full accounting qualification i.e. CPA, CIMA,ACCA or equivalent;
· Audit experience would be an added advantage;
· At least three to five years of relevant experience working in finance/accounting in a major international organisation/NGO;
· Good knowledge of fund accounting including reporting requirements of major Bi-lateral and Multi-lateral Aid Agencies
Required Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrable skills in the development of finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems in the context of an international NGO;
- Strong business acumen and proven drive for results;
- Excellent advisory skills with high work standards and ability to promote team synergy in a multi-cultural work environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, discretion and impartiality) are essential for this position;
- Strong team-player with ability to work in virtual teams
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals within a broad range of cultural environments, especially in the African context;
- Hands-on knowledge of the major ERP software would be a distinct advantage;
- Excellent English writing skills.
- High level of good organizational and administrative skills with an ability to work well under pressure;
· Adheres to WWF core values, which are: Courage, Respect, Collaboration and Integrity.
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating “Project Finance Analyst”
in the subject line to email@example.com
. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and work permit restrictions might apply.
Deadline for applications: 03 October 2021.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce. Female applications are encouraged.